* Compatibility with Mac OS 10.7 (Lion).
* VSamp AU now registers with the host four stereo output
busses. This fixes multichannel compatibility with Logic 8.
* Fixed issue whereby VSamp AU would write a debug file.
* Automatically set sample levels to give constant loudness
using Auto Levels command.
* Fixed problem with multiple instances of VSamp VST under
* Fixed problem where VSamp application would give
distorted (buzzing) sound due to incorrect sample rate.
* VSamp Classic now has a larger memory allocation to fix
startup problems under OS9.
* Fixed problem loading some types of AIFF files.
* Quieter note stealing
* Fixed Intel problem accessing some sample files whose
Finder information does not include the file type
* Fixed Intel problem using Sound Resources
* Intel-native Universal Binary
* Added choice of outputs to save to disk
* Additional items in Help menu
* Improved SampleCell import
* File type of samples now recognised directly by name
extension (.aiff .sd2 .wav etc)
* Added optional disk streaming of samples enabling
unlimited sample size
* Improved portability of instruments
* Faster and more efficient use of memory when importing
* Added support for WAVE files
* Added support for 32-bit samples
* Banks now respond to MIDI bank and patch change messages
* Import SoundFont banks
* Instruments can now contain up to 1000 (variable) samples
* Banks can now contain up to 140 (variable) instruments
* Reduced CPU load removes need for “Economy
* Optional new amplitude model for instruments adds
constant dB pan, constant dB-rate envelopes (improves
compatibility with SoundFonts) and greater variety of note
* Minor interface changes including general speed increase
and better onscreen keyboard
* Minor bug fixes
* Added level column to Instrument window
* Added buffer size preference
* Updated VSamp AU for compatibility with Logic 7
* Fixed problems with some Core Audio interfaces
* Fixed problem with MacOS 10.3 whereby program would not
prompt for location of samples or instruments when they
could not be found.
* Added transpose column to bank window
* Removed limitation on sample length
* Fixed problems with MacOS 10.3
* Added LFO modulation of sound amplitude
* Fixed problems MIDI ctrl#1 modulation of LFO
* Added a check when restoring a window position that it is
not outside the desktop area
* Fixed problem with VSamp AU missing notes under some
* Major speed improvements, particularly when using filters
* VSamp application now uses Mac OS X Core Audio services
directly, enabling the selection of the output device in
the preferences, 32-bit output and sample rates up to 192
* Improved compatibility of VSamp AU, especially with
Digital Performer 4.1.
* Changed the ID of VSamp AU to fix a problem whereby VSamp
AU would not show up in a list of available Audio Units
under some circumstances.
* Fixed crash when importing a SoundFont that has an
instrument with more than 128 key groups.
* Further improved SoundFont import including now imports
* Bug fixes for SoundFont import.
* VSamp VST Carbon now draws its sliders correctly.
* VSamp AU now provides 2 or 8 outputs (Logic 6 required
for 8 outputs)
* Improved SoundFont import now imports SoundFont 'Presets'
rather than 'Instruments'.
* Added 'Economy Mode' preference for improved CPU
* Minor bug fixes
* 2nd beta release of VSamp VST Carbon and VSamp AU
* Improved filter processor efficiency
* Improved latency response
* Added Level and Pan columns to bank window
* Added ability to sort by columns in instruments and banks
* Minor bug fixes
* Smoother envelopes
* Fixed crash when opening an instrument or bank whose
children could not be found.
* Fixed problem whereby program quitted with type 3 error
when using FreeMIDI in OMS Mode.
* Added command to open an instrument from the bank window.
* Fixed problem with VSamp VST and hanging notes in Logic.
* Fixed problem with incorrect velocity ranges and looping
when importing some SoundFonts.
* Floating windows no longer have to be clicked twice to
select a control when not the current active window.
* Status of floating windows now restored after quitting.
* Up and down arrows now increment/decrement keygroup in
Amplitude and Tuning windows.
* SampleCell 1.x instruments correctly identified when
trying to import and error message given.
* Fixed problem with hanging notes under OS X.
* Fixed problem importing some SampleCell instruments
* Removed need for all samples in an instrument to reside
in same folder.
* Increased range of filter modulation.
* Fixed problem whereby double-clicking on a VSamp file in
MacOS 9 Finder gave an error -39 (launched OS X VSamp
instead of OS 9).
* Support for MacOS X, including OS X CoreMIDI services.
* Fixed minor problem whereby shift key was needed to
release some notes in MIDI Input window.
* Fixed problem whereby LFO window appeared incorrectly if
old preferences file was present.
* Changed behaviour after an "All Notes Off" MIDI command
to improve compatibility with some keyboards.
* Moved registration data to a file in the Application
Support folder now shared by VSamp application and VSamp
* Fixed problem whereby keys in keyboard window were
sticking when using computer keyboard.
* Floating windows now hide when VSamp is moved to
* Added importing of SampleCell 2.x and SoundFont 2 samples
and instrument keymaps.
* Added onscreen keyboard for triggering samples by mouse
or computer keyboard.
* Increased samples per instrument to 128.
* Added controllable amplitude modulation by note-on
velocity and MIDI controller #11.
* Added commands to register VSamp and VSamp VST.
* Minor interface changes and bug fixes.
* Fixed compatibility problem with VSamp VST and Logic
under MacOS 9.1
* Fixed problem whereby VSamp VST window expands after
* Fixed problem whereby under some circumstances the
message "Your demo time has expired..." appeared even
though a valid serial number had been entered.
* Fixed problem whereby some valid serial numbers were
being reported as having expired.
* Improved timing of Play Scale command.
* Improved CPU performance (~20%).
* Added LFO with own editor window.
* Added MIDI Inputs window.
* Added assignable output to bank window.
* Reorganised menus
* Minor bug fixes
* Added Reload button to VSamp VST
* VSamp VST can now play VSamp banks with 4 assignable
* Fixed problem opening files from locked volumes (CDs).
* Smoother envelopes.
* Added tuning window to set fine tuning of samples and
* Increased pitch bend range to 4 octaves and smoothed
* Fixed problem with opening locked files.
* Fixed problem whereby changing a setting of a currently
loaded instrument caused instrument to be reloaded on top
of previous settings, usually resulting in distorted
* Fixed bug whereby instrument that accessed a file with
more than one sound resource would only load the first
resource (including demo instrument).
* When opening a bank or VST Instrument that can't find an
instrument, user is now prompted to find the instrument.
* Added resonant filters with real-time control.
* Improved tuning.
* Last location of envelope window now remembered
* Change settings of a currently loaded instrument and hear
them without having to reload instrument.
* Instrument that references the same sample more than once
no longer loads the sample into memory multiple times.
* Dragging a group of samples all with pitch set to middle
C (MIDI 60) now adds them to successive notes from middle C
and sets pitch accordingly.
* Clicking on a text field now selects entire field as in
* VSamp VST no longer loads an instrument when cancelling a
selection after pressing 'select' button.
* Revert command now works as expected.
* Menu enable/disable status when envelope window is open
now works as expected.
* Problem fixed whereby a window wouldn't close if the file
it refers to had been moved or changed.
* Major rewrite to update interface and program control for
* New floating envelope window.
* Separate envelope for each sample, if desired.
* Play a sample with no enveloping.
* Up to 4 samples sharing same MIDI Channel/Note/Velocity
* Suppport for 24-bit/96 kHz samples (VST and program) and
output (VST only).
* Added 'Insert Row' and 'Delet Row' commands for
instrument and bank windows.
* Added ability to load an instrument directly.
* New VST interface for better compatibility with Logic.
* Louder output for samples panned centre with more even
response across panorama.
* More natural velocity response.
* Removed 'HiQ' switch in bank (always on).
* Removed 'pitch bend' setting in bank (set in instrument).
* First release of VSamp VST.
* VSamp bank now can locate instruments that have moved or
* Minor fixes to instrument window so that clicking on a
blank box then pressing return does not give an error about
an invalid value.
* Loading a bank that refers to a non-existent file no
longer creates the file but instead gives an error message.
* Added velocity switching in instruments.
* Added mute groups of samples in instrument window.
* Added pitch bend range to instrument window.
* Increased maximum polyphony to 64.
* Increased number of samples per instrument to 64.
* Last size and position of windows is remembered.
* Minor bug fixes including fixing memory leaks and
* Better compatibility with FreeMIDI 1.4.
* Added panning of samples in instrument window.
* Fixed problem whereby adding an AIFF file with no pitch
setting causes "File Positioning Error"
* Compatibility with FreeMIDI 1.4.
* Added OMS and FreeMIDI menus to options menu.
* Fixed problem with FreeMIDI and MIDI Start/Stop option.
* Fixed problem with 8-bit output and MIDI Start/Stop
* Checks for FreeMIDI's OMS emulation before trying to log
* All FreeMIDI events deleted from queue after processing
to avoid overflow.
* New options menu containing the option to respond to MIDI
Start/Stop/Continue commands when saving output to a file.
* Ability to use FreeMIDI and OMS together.
* Drag and Drop support. Now samples can be dragged from a
Finder window onto an instrument and they will be arranged
in ascending order with the low and high note values as
well as the pitch set (AIFF files only). Instrument files
can also be dragged onto a bank window.
* Sample pitches are set when a sample is first added to an
* FreeMIDI no longer responds to events directly from a
keyboard - only events patched by Performer.
* Minor cosmetic changes.
* PPC native version of "OMS Thru"
* Added "Play Scale" command in bank menu to test banks
* Added ability to load a bank if no MIDI system is loaded
* Added support for blocked AIFF files.
* Bank file now remembers instrument location. Therefore
instruments can be stored in separate folders provided all
their samples are stored with them.
* Tab key now moves between text fields.
* Fixed problem loading some SDII files.
* Fixed problem whereby scrolling upset text fields.
* Extended note range of instruments to MIDI notes 1 to
* Corrected implementation of 'All Notes Off' (ctrl 123)
* Fixed problem whereby very short notes wouldn't play.
* Implemented 'Reset All Controllers' (ctrl 121) and 'All
Sound Off' (ctrl 120) commands.
* MIDI Overflow problem after receiving an "All Notes Off"
* Added keyboard commands for Bank menu commands.
* FreeMIDI support for use with MOTU's Performer
* full clipboard functionality
* support for Sound Designer II files
* set the sample's MIDI base note in the instrument
* save the sound output as a SDII file